- Terms and Conditions
The Museum asks that volunteers be willing to:
- Help the museum to achieve its aims and objectives.
- Work as a team member with other volunteers and paid members of staff under the overall control of their designated Officer.
- Carry out their agreed tasks to the best of their ability.
- Meet the commitment agreed to and give reasonable notice when this is not possible.
- Be courteous and helpful towards museum visitors.
- Provide two referees who may be contacted and agree to checks before undertaking tasks involving children or other vulnerable visitor groups.
- Attend any training sessions useful for tasks to be undertaken or to meet health and safety requirements.
- Assign all copyright to the Museum of any original work created by them on behalf of the Museum.
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information about the Museum.
- To adhere to all information set down in the Volunteer Handbook and other museum rules and procedures.
In return, Volunteers may expect from us:
- Tasks that match both the needs of the Museum with the skills, knowledge, experience, age and interests of the volunteer.
- Opportunities to learn and develop new skills in a happy and friendly environment.
- Safe working conditions with the right supervision, training and tools for the tasks assigned.
- Appropriate insurance cover for volunteers whilst undertaking voluntary work.
- The Museum will communicate effectively and positively with the volunteer and keep them up-to-date with museum developments.